Monday, November 17, 2008

Getting in the way


Somebody once said, that cats can work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause most inconvenience. In other words, cats have a knack for getting in the way.

My own personal favourite is getting in the way of this very computer screen. How delicious to block the view with my own cat body! To plunk all 13-1/2 pounds of me strategically between the monitor and the keyboard. In a sitting position, squinting quizzically. What's not to love?!

Timing, of course, is everything. I personally like to sit in the freshly laundered bedsheets while they're still in the laundry basket. This means I get to enjoy them before anyone else! And of course, makes getting them out of the basket and on to the bed that much more difficult. Sweet!

Then there's that whole newspaper thing. What good is a newspaper if you can't dive into it and make those juicy crunchy and ripping sounds? This works best on those sections of the newspaper that haven't been read yet.

I hope you're taking notes ...



1 comment:

Antares said...

Oooh! Anschel! I love your ideas! I'm already working on the computer screen one, but since I'm only 4 months old and 4 pounds heavy, I have a little trouble. Could you maybe give me some ideas about how I can convince my person (yep, she acknowledges I own her) to let me on the kitchen table and counters? I can't jump that high yet....

Antares